Wyaralong Dam Vegetation Offset Planting Works and Biocondition monitoring
- Client: Seqwater
- Establishment and management of 180 ha of native species revegetation works as vegetation offsets within the Wyaralong Dam catchment for the purpose of replacing vegetation inundated by the dam impoundment
- Monitoring method design, sampling design and bio-condition monitoring of revegetation works
- Preparation of detailed maps of small, fragmented planting and enrichment areas in connection with environmental corridor rehabilitation, habitat restoration and vegetation offset plantings and monitoring site locations, including detailed GPS site data collection for subsequent spatial representation of planting boundaries, monitoring point locations.
Benefit to Client:
The project provided a cost effective approach to meet development conditions by introducing industrial forestry techniques to a native forest revegetation project.
- Market Sector: Water and Wastewater
- Native Forest Management
- Monitoring and database management
- Spatial data and Geographic information systems
- Location: Queensland
- Year: 2011 - 2012