Vegetation Management, Monitoring and Reporting Plan
- Client: Seqwater
Preparation of a vegetation management, maintenance & monitoring plan to:
- consolidate all vegetation commitments associated with Wyaralong Dam approval into a single plan that articulates the required activities, timeframes and responsible parties
- establish a program for the ongoing management, monitoring, and reporting associated with vegetation management areas
- ensure compliance with DEWHA (DSEWPaC) and Coordinator-General approval conditions
- present the most effective means of achieving the required vegetation outcomes for the site
Separate Federal and State Development conditions resulted in two sets of management, monitoring and reporting requirements over the same area of revegetation works. The result was a requirement for assessment of different parameters on different reporting calendars.
By developing a thorough understanding of the respective legislations, in combination with a practical and objective approach to management and monitoring requirements, Verterra was able to merge the management, monitoring and reporting requirements into a single, co-ordinated assessment and reporting program, substantially reducing complexity and compliance costs.
Benefit to Client:
The project guided the client through an intricate web of numerous and conflicting environmental conditions and plans from multiple sources, delivered a single, long-term, consolidated plan and assisted the client to renegotiate inconsistent conditions.
- Market Sector: Water and Wastewater
- Environmental surveys, benchmarking and biodiversity assessment
- Monitoring and database management
- Property management planning
- Natural resource management and environmental economics
- Location: Queensland
- Year: 2011 - 2012