Advancing landform rehabilitation outcomes across Anglo American’s Australian Coal Mine sites
Anglo American, one of the world's largest mining operators, has significant metallurgical and thermal coal assets in Australia. As part of its commitment to continuous improvement and innovative practice, Anglo American has appointed Verterra to advance landform rehabilitation outcomes across its Australian coal mining sites.
Verterra will specifically:
- Supply viable seed for landform and site rehabilitation purposes;
- Improve quality control and chain-of-custody procedures to understand seed viability, purity and provenance origin;
- Monitor seed germination success across Anglo American's Australian coal mining sites;
- Undertake research into breaking natural seed dormancy for species requested by Anglo American; and
- Recommend changes to the species list that improve revegetation success.
Verterra, Australia's first full-service ecological engineering firm, works in partnership with its clients to arrive at sustainable outcomes by leveraging science, ecology and economics, plus a practical knowledge of ecosystem function, to turn risk into value.
For further details of Verterra's services that deliver on the triple bottom line of economic, environmental and community benefits, click here.