Establishment review of oil mallee carbon sequestration plantation project
- Client: Macquarie Bank
Due diligence of carbon project plantation establishment including:
- confirmation that agreed silvicultural practices have been implemented
- confirmation that agreed quality standards have been adhered to
- confirmation of species planted
- confirmation that target stocking rates have been achieved
- confirmation that plantation areas are accurate
- review of plantation health and condition
- review of plantation risks and mitigation measures
(Under sub-contract to MBAC Consulting Group)
The client required a rapid inspection of newly established mallee planting to provide due diligence on project delivery.
Verterra undertook a quantitative, rather than qalitative approach to due diligence by sampling parameters such as seedling survivial, planted area boundaries, seedling health etc. By taking this approach, Verterra was able to provide the client with a firm assessment of compliance with projec delivery standards.
Benefit to Client:
This review provided the client with an independent assessment that their investment had been implemented as agreed, that best practices had been followed and that contractual obligations had been fulfilled. This in turn provided the client with the ability to meet its fiduciary obligations to its investors.
- Market Sector: Finance and Investment
- Irrigated forest & fodder crops for beneficial use of waste water
- Carbon bio-sequestration
- General land, water and vegetation technical services
- Location: Queensland
- Year: 2007